Monday, December 16

New Top Gun: Maverick trailer shows that other old star—the F-14

Do you remember where you were when the first official trailer for Top Gun: Maverick showed up on the Internet in July? I do. I was on a plane, about to take off, and while I had a lot of feelings about it I valiantly swallowed them as Tech Culture Editor Sam Machkovech had all the fun. Well, Slack tells me that Sam is still asleep, and there's a new trailer out for the return of Top Gun, so this time he can be my wingman.

This summer's trailer raised plenty of questions. Why was Pete "Maverick" Mitchell still in the Navy, decades after we saw him in the first movie? And what was that weird pressure suit he was wearing at one point? And can an entire movie about naval aviation still be cool if all the planes are F/A-18 Super Hornets with their goofy looking (and drag-inducing) canted pylons?

This new trailer clears up some of those questions, and obviously there will be spoilers to a degree so stop reading now if that's something you want to avoid before you see the film next year.

Read 3 remaining paragraphs | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment